Tuesday, August 29, 2006

little story i jotted down...

"Hello?" It's his mother, wondering where he is. I watch him and admire his unique features:
his brown hair, which is red at the roots,the arch of his brows,the curves of his eyes,the uniformity of his lashes.His eyes and nose are the most striking features, though.The rims of his irises are moss green,the irises are the colour of honeydew and a burst of hazel circles his pupils.I have immediate family with eyes very much like his, but that doesn't make them any less extraordinary to me.My gaze switches back and forth from his eyes to his lips as he continues his conversation on the phone.His voice is distant as i watch his mouth form the words.I switch back to his eyes- his most attractive facial feature.He catches me staring, and i shyly avert my gaze.I can see him smile through my perifrial vision.
I know i'm pretty, but i can't help but envy him-ivory skin,honeydew eyes, and his thick red-brown hair mezmerize me.sometimes, i cant help but feel envious.My eyes have always been brown, like a mahogany brown.in fact, i am many variations of brown- brown skin,eyes, and dark brown hair-most of which i get from my father.my mother has a lovely olive complexion, chocolate hair and eyes that change different colours of brown-occasionally with hues of violet.Although i favor my mother quite a bit, i still can't help but think her far more breathtaking than i.is it because i find fairer skin tones attractive?possibly.probably.definitely.as i watch him, i cant help but think...if we were to reproduce, would my children get those features?would they have his eyes? his grade of hair?his (very Jewish) nose? (i LOVE his nose.) his...complexion?then i wonder...whats wrong with my skin tone?why do i think this way?whats so wrong with my eyes?...if i was plain,would he be here with me??? before i can really figure out why i find my own features so uninteresting and undesireable, i hear his voice and snap back to reality.
"what where you thinking about?"
"not much, really..." a lie, but a forgivable one.
He takes my hand and laces his fingers into mine "well, we should head to my moms' car now..."
"okay"
"...Loryn?"
"yes?"
"i love you."
"i love you too, Danny boy"

6 Comments:

Blogger drëâmè® said...

*sigh*

romance.

Even though things never work out for me, I'm still a hopeless romantic.

11:45 AM  
Blogger lastlifeinmyuniverse said...

sigh... not to be a partypooper but these things dont seem to last very wrong..


im hoping you can prove us all wrong.

4:26 PM  
Blogger Gabby said...

hey i made a blog thingy just for you! i really liked this entry...i loved that bit about the skintones...i tend to find fairer skin more attractive too. i especially love milk-colored skin! white but not pale white, y'know? come check out my lame ass blog, i'll write more cool things eventually!

2:39 AM  
Blogger mika said...

hmmm....you even made this child of darkness smile and sigh in want.

um,... thats a big achievement, you should know...

10:04 AM  
Blogger High Power Rocketry said...

I am going to get you linked up, very soon!

7:22 PM  
Blogger High Power Rocketry said...

You are now in my links!

5:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home